Here’s our complete Honkai Star Rail Gepard Build guide. Rating the best build, relics, light cones, eidolons & skills for this character.
Wondering how well Gepard compares to other characters in the game? Check out our Honkai Star Rail tier list guide.
Honkai Star Rail Gepard Story Introduction
The captain of the Silvermane Guards, Gepard is the brother of the Landau siblings. As the person who is in charge of defending Belobog’s safety from the hostile world, Gepard holds a very important role that impacts thousands or maybe even hundreds of thousands of citizens in Belobog. With peace and comfort scream out loudly thanks to Gepard’s leadership and protection, even the eternal winter that coats Belobog won’t be able to shake Gepard’s iron will to defend Belobog.
In the beginning, we will meet Sampo, and thanks to that event, the butterfly effect starts to scatter and so the Trailblazer, Dan Heng, and March 7th meet Gepard for the first time.
Since Gepard is directly related to Belobog, meeting him will also lead us indirectly towards Serval, his biological sister, and even with Bronya, the commander of the Silvermane Guards, and all those Underworld people that lived underground, below Belobog, literally. After that, slowly but surely the fate of Belobog starts to shift, waiting for you to reveal the truth behind the eternal winter that Gepard always faces, protecting the peaceful Belobog.
You can also check other Honkai: Star Rail characters like Sampo, Serval, Bronya, and many more here!
Honkai Star Rail Gepard Best Build
Gepard is a playable 5 star ice character in Honkai: Star Rail, with The Preservation Path. The Preservation Path only has 1 specific role, act as the tank or the shielder. Gepard however, not only gave the shield to the entire team, but his damage output is also relatively great, making him a suitable support tanker character. Since his shield scales from DEF, investing DEF would be ideal for this A tier tank character. As a tank role, it’s also useful if you increase the Max HP for Gepard, so he can survive longer in the battle to protect your team.
As for the team, it’s recommended to pair Gepard with the main DPS that could deliver high damage to the enemies. Since Gepard is not really ideal to become the main DPS. There is no mandatory character, any DPS would suffice for Gepard. As for the healer, if you can invest a lot of DEF and HP for Gepard, he could even substitute the role of healer as long as his shield is thick enough to defend your team.
Honkai Star Rail Gepard Best Light Cone
Moment of Victory
- Rarity: 5 Star (The Preservation Path)
- Effect: Increase the wearer’s DEF by 20% and Effect Hit Rate by 20% when attacking. Increase chance to be attacked by enemies. When the wearer is attacked, increase DEF by an extra 20% until the end of the wearer’s turn.
The good thing about being the Preservation Path character it that, as for now, there are only 5 light cones in this path, but Gepard can actually use all those 5 light cones, as the effects of the light cones are all sync perfectly for Gepard. We will start with Gepard’s Best in Slot light cone first.
Moment of Victory is Gepard’s signature Light Cone. Since Gepard’s ultimate scales on his DEF, 20% DEF increase with additional Effect Hit Rate by 20% to give higher odds of making the enemies frozen from Gepard’s skill is a very useful light cone for Gepard himself. Another reason why Moment of Victory light cone is the Best in Slot light cone for Gepard is the chance to be attacked by the enemies, very suitable for a tanker role.
Unfortunately, this light cone is a 5 star rarity, making it harder to get especially for the F2P players. But no need to worry, here are the other light cones that you can equip for Gepard
- Rarity: 4 Star (The Preservation Path)
- Effect: The wearer is more likely to be attacked, and received DMG is reduced by 24%.
Despite Landau’s Choice doesn’t have any DEF attribute increase for Gepard, but this light cone will give higher chance for Gepard to be attacked by the enemies, making him a very ideal punching bag so that your other characters won’t get hit and they can survive longer. With up to 36% DMG reduction if you can superimpose this light cone to the max, this is actually the 2nd recommended light cone for Gepard.
Day One of My New Life
- Rarity: 4 Star (The Preservation Path)
- Effect: Increase wearer’s DEF by 24% and increase DMG RES of all allies by 8%. Effects of the same type cannot stack.
Day One of My New Life is actually March 7th’s signature light cone, so it is more suitable for her. But with the DEF increase that can get upgraded up to 48% if you superimpose it to the max and DMG RES for the entire allies in your team, this light cone will feels like a passive small shield that will always be active thanks to the DMG RES.
If you also don’t have Landau’s Choice or Day One of My New Life, then you can also equip this 2 F2P 3 star light cone.
- Rarity: 3 Star (The Preservation Path)
- Effect: Increase DEF of its wearer by 16%. If current HP of its wearer is less than 50% of Max HP, increase DEF by an extra 16%.
Amber will also suit Gepard because Gepard’s shield revolves around DEF. Thanks to the 3 star rarity, it will also be easier to superimpose this to the max too, giving 32% DEF buff and could raise into a 64% DEF increase if Gepard’s current HP is lower than 50%, making this 3 star light cone could potentially be better compared to the 4 star light cones. But only if you managed to superimpose this light cone to the max.
- Rarity: 3 Star (The Preservation Path)
- Effect: When the wearer unleashes their Ultimate, the wearer restores 18% of Max HP.
Defense is the final light cone that could also be useful for Gepard. If you have both Defense and Amber, we would recommend you to pick Amber first as this light cone, Defense will only heal Gepard alone, while Amber will definitely help your entire team from Gepard’s thicker shield. Also, this light cone will be less useful if you also pair Gepard with a healer in your team. So only use Defense if you don’t have Amber light cone yet.
Honkai Star Rail Gepard Best Relics
Since Gepard’s role is a tanker, which his shield scales from his DEF, using a DEF set relics would be very ideal for Gepard. So, having 5 Piece Knight of Purity Palace is recommended for Gepard.
Knight of Purity Palace
- 2 Piece: Increases DEF by 18%.
- 4 Piece: Increases the max DMG absorbed by the wearer’s shield by 20%.
- 5 Piece: Increases DEF by 18%.
Honkai Star Rail Gepard Best Main Stats
For the main stats, here are the recommended relics build for Gepard:
- Feet: DEF
- Neck: DEF
- Article: DEF
Honkai Star Rail Gepard Best Sub-Stats
Here are the sub stats that you should aim for:
- Energy Restoration
You would want to get as much DEF as you can first because that is the main priority for Gepard. HP would be the second priority to help Gepard survive the battle longer, especially if you equip Gepard with the light cone that could increase the chance for the enemies to attack Gepard first, like the Moment of Victory light cone, or Landau’s Choice light cone. After that, you can aim for the energy restoration to help Gepard charge his ultimate since his shield generates from activating his ultimate.
Honkai Star Rail Gepard Skills
Normal Attack: “Fist of Conviction”
- Deal 50% of Gepard’s ATK as Ice DMG to a target enemy.
Skill: “Intimidating Strike”
- Deal 75% of Gepard’s ATK as Ice DMG to a target enemy. There is a 65% base chance to inflict Freeze for 1 turn(s). While Frozen, enemies cannot move and will take 25% of Gepard’s ATK as Ice DMG each turn.
Ultimate: “Eternal Barrier”
- Apply a shield to all allies, absorbing DMG equal to 36% of Gepard’s DEF +90 for 3 turn(s).
Talent: “Unyielding Will”
- When struck with a killing blow, instead of becoming incapacitated, immediately heal for 25% of Max HP. This effect can only trigger once per battle.
- For the next battle after using a Technique, increase DEF of all allies by 25% of Gepard’s DEF for 2 turn(s).
Honkai: Star Rail Gepard Eidolon
E1: “Due Diligence”
- Basic ATK has a 75% base chance to Taunt the target for 1 turn(s).
E2: “Lingering Cold”
- After an enemy Frozen by Gepard’s Skill is unfrozen. their SPD is reduced by 25% for 1 turn(s).
E3: “Never Surrender”
- Ultimate Lv. +3, up to a maximum of Lv. 15. Basic ATK Lv. +1, up to a maximum of Lv. 10.
E4: “Faith Moves Mountains”
- When Gepard is in battle, all allies’ Effect RES increases by 20%.
E5: “Cold Iron Fist”
- Skill Lv. +3, up to a maximum of Lv. 15. Basic ATK Lv. +1. up to a maximum of Lv. 10.
E6: “Unyielding Determination”
- When his Talent is triggered. Gepard’s action is Advanced Forward by 100%, and his HP restoration is additionally increased by 50% of his Max HP.
Gepard’s Recommended Eidolon
For Honkai: Star Rail’s Gepard Eidolon recommendation, Having E1 and E2 are the recommended eidolon. You can stop at E0, but E1 is actually where Gepard starts to shine more as a true tanker.
E1 could potentially change the tide of the turn if you have some characters (other than Gepard) that have low HP, so that Gepard could force the enemy to attack him instead of seeing your allies getting killed.
E2 is also useful since speed is a crucial factor for a turn-based game. Frozen means that the enemy will get their turn skipped, and the slow speed by 25% is actually a big percentage. So it’s also worth it to aim for E2.
E4 is not really mandatory, but still useful. Basically it means that your team will have less chance of getting debuff.
E6 is a single-time usage only since Gepard’s talent can only be triggered once in the battle, but it could also be useful since that basically means that Gepard has a 2nd life, with 50% of HP instead of 25% this time.
After reading this page, we hope that you now understand about how to get the best build for Gepard. For the build, focus on DEF first, get as many DEF as you can, then invest some HP to make sure that Gepard can survive longer, and invest some energy restoration to make Gepard’s ultimate ready faster.
You need to pair Gepard with the main DPS since Gepard’s role is only as a support tanker, you could also add healer, but it’s not really that mandatory. Any light cones actually fit Gepard nicely, so use the one that you have, preferably higher rarity first compared to the 3 star light cone.
For the eidolon, we totally recommend you to aim for E1 and E2.
Visit the official HSR website here for more information about the game!