Here’s our complete Honkai Star Rail Seele Build guide. Rating the best build, relics, light cones, eidolons & skills for this character.
Wondering how well Seele compares to other characters in the game? Check out our Honkai Star Rail tier list guide.
Honkai Star Rail Seele Story Introduction
The infamous Honkai Impact 3rd character with the scythe weapon from miHoYo is now appeared once again in Honkai: Star Rail! Seele, the key character and a member of the Wildfire organization, is one of the important people that could impact the future of Belobog’s underground city, the Underworld. With the help of other Wildfire members, the Trailblazer, Dan Heng, March 7th, and also the commander of Silvermand Guards, Bronya, together they fight against fate and shape their own destiny.
As a person that grew up in the perilous Underworld of Belobog, Seele got her own nickname “Babochka”. She is excel in combat fighting, has a high spirit, and will always do whatever it takes to protect and seek the truth about the city she’s living in right now and for her family. And now, it’s up to you to uncover the truth and the lies that spread out under Belobog’s city, the Underworld to help Seele finds the thing that she needs to hear for years. Of course, with the help of Bronya, Trailblazer, Dan Heng, March 7th, and the other Wildfire members too.
If you’re curious about other Honkai: Star Rail characters like Bronya, Trailblazer, Dan Heng, March 7th, and the rest, you can also check out our character preview. There’s also Himeko, Welt, Sushang, and many more!
Honkai Star Rail Seele Best Build
Seele is a playable 5-star quantum character in Honkai: Star Rail, with The Hunt path. A character that has The Hunt path excels in delivering high damage. Without a doubt, Honkai: Star Rail Seele is rated S tier for her single target DPS nuke damage. Her ultimate is a 1 hit attack, so you would need to have a high crit rate to trigger the critical hit, and you want to invest in high crit damage to multiply the damage outcome too. Combine that with speed, attack, and quantum damage increase, and Seele will become godlike.
Want to know our tier list rating for all of Honkai: Star Rail playable characters? You can check them out here
In Honkai: Star Rail, usually it’s recommended to pair your main DPS with either the damage buff or DEF lower debuff to the enemy, and it applies to Seele too. Bronya and Seele sync perfectly, not only for the plot-wise sake but also in the combat. Increasing the attack and Crit DMG, advancing Seele’s turn from Bronya’s skill, it’s everything that Seele needs to kill all the enemies one by one.
But since Bronya is relatively hard to get thanks to her 5 star rarity, you can also pair Seele with Asta for the ATK buff or with characters that apply DEF reduction like Pela (or Silver Wolf if you got her too).
Honkai Star Rail Seele Best Light Cone
In the Night
- Rarity: 5 Star (The Hunt Path)
- Effect: Increase CRIT Rate of the wearer by 12%. If the wearer’s SPD is above 100, for every additional 15 points, increase the wearer’s Basic ATK DMG and Skill DMG by 8%, and increase the wearer’s Ultimate CRIT DMG by 8%. This effect can stack up to 6 time(s).
In the Night is Seele’s signature Light cone. CRIT Rate increase, ATK buff, Skill DMG buff and CRIT DMG buff for her ultimate, it’s everything that Seele needs. It’s also ideal because that’s exactly the attribute that Seele needs to enhance for delivering high damage numbers. Unfortunately, In the Night is a 5 star light cone, and it will be very hard to get this light cone. But, there are 2 light cone alternatives that you can also use for your Seele.
- Rarity: 3 Star (The Hunt Path)
- Effect: Increase CRIT Rate of its wearer by 12%.
Arrows is the substitute light cone recommendation if you don’t have In the Night. That crit rate effect which could reach up to 24% if you superimpose this light cone into S5, will definitely help Seele have a higher crit rate chance, so you can invest slightly more in Crit DMG from her relics build. Since this is a 3 star rarity, it will definitely be easier to superimpose this light cone too. Making it one of the recommended light cone for Seele.
- Rarity: 3 Star (The Hunt Path)
- Effect: When the wearer defeats an enemy, increase ATK by 20% for 3 turn(s).
Darting Arrow is another light cone substitution if you don’t have In the Night yet. With a drawback that you need to kill the enemy first, this ATK buff will only activate if Seele is the one who is able to trigger the killing attack. But, once Seele is able to activate this light cone, it’s actually will enhance her damage quite well, especially if you able to superimpose Darting Arrow to the max, giving up to 40% ATK buff. And the good news is, that this buff lasts for 3 turns, it should be enough to kill another minion to refresh the ATK buff duration.
But if you only have Arrows and Darting Arrow, we would recommend you to equip Arrows first, because it’s better to have a higher Crit Rate for Seele first, then attack as the second priority afterward.
Honkai Star Rail Seele Best Relics
As a quantum DPS character, increasing Seele’s Quantum attack is her ideal relics at the moment. And the quantum relics set, Genius of Brilliant Stars is a perfect fit for Honkai: Star Rail Seele’s relics build. You can also use %ATK relics temporarily until you get a good quantum relics set.
Here are the options that you can choose for Seele’s best relics build. You can either go with the quantum relics, which we recommend the most, or you can use these other relics build:
- 5 Piece Genius of Brilliant Stars
- 4 Piece Genius of Brilliant Stars + 2 Piece +15% ATK relics
- 2 Piece Genius of Brilliant Stars + 2 Piece +15% ATK relics + 2 Piece +15% ATK relics
- 2 Piece Genius of Brilliant Stars + 4 Piece Musketeer of Wild Wheat
It will definitely be challenging to get the 5 piece sets, so having 2 Piece relics for Brilliant Stars and 2 piece set for the +15% ATK relics is a good start.
Genius of Brilliant Stars
- 2 Piece: Increases Quantum DMG by 12%.
- 4 Piece: Increases the wearer’s ATK by 10% after an action. This effect canstack up to 4 times.
- 5 Piece: Increases Quantum DMG by 12%.
Musketeer of Wild Wheat
- 2 Piece: Increases ATK by 15%.
- 4 Piece: When the wearer uses Basic ATK, increases the wearer’s ATK by 20% and SPD by 10 for 1 turn.
- 5 Piece: Increases ATK by 15%.
Honkai Star Rail Seele Best Main Stats
For the main stats, here are the recommended relics build for Seele:
- Feet: ATK
- Neck: Quantum Boost
- Article: Crit Rate / Crit Damage
Honkai Star Rail Seele Best Sub-Stats
Here are the sub stats that you should aim for:
- Crit Damage
- Crit Rate
- Energy Restoration
Having a high critical rate (above 60%) would be ideal, with a crit rate to crit dmg ratio of 1:2, then focus on the ATK and Speed afterward so that your Seele will be a very strong and reliable DPS. Energy restoration is not mandatory, but if you can invest some, it won’t do the harm because Seele’s source of big damage comes from her ultimate.
Honkai Star Rail Seele Skills
Normal Attack: “Scythe Rush”
- Deal 50% of Seele’s ATK as Quantum DMG to a target enemy.
Skill: “Sheathed Blade”
- Deal 100% of Seele’s ATK as Quantum DMG to a target enemy and increase SPD by 35 for 2 turn(s).
Ultimate: “Butterfly Flurry”
- Receive buff and deal 240% of Seele’s ATK as Quantum DMG to a target enemy.
Talent: “Relentless Strikes”
- Apply buff on defeating an enemy and gain an extra action. With buff, Seele increases her DMG dealt by 40% for 1 turn(s). Enemies defeated during the extra action gained with her Passive ability Relentless Stikes will not trigger this passive effect again.
Technique: “Phantom Illusion”
- After using a Technique, gain Stealth for 20 second(s). While stealth in the Maze, Seele cannot be detected by enemies and will gain buff after initiating a battle with an attack.
Honkai Star Rail Seele Eidolon
E1: “Butterfly Dance”
- Skill’s SPD Boost can stack up to 2 time(s).
E2: “Cut Off”
- When dealing DMG to an enemy whose HP is 50% or lower. Seele’s CRIT Rate increases by 15%.
- Ultimate Lv. +3, up to a maximum of Lv. 15. Basic ATK Lv. +1, up to a maximum of Lv. 10.
E4: “A Glimpse”
- When Seele defeats an enemy. she regenerates 15 Energy.
E5: “Keen and Sharp”
- Skill Lv. +3, up to a maximum of Lv. 15. Basic ATK Lv. +1. up to a maximum of Lv. 10.
- After using her Ultimate, inflicts the target enemy with Butterfly Flurry for 1 turn(s). After getting attacked, the enemy suffering from Butterfly Flurry takes an additional 30% of Seele’s Ultimate’s DMG as Quantum DMG. If the target is defeated by the additional Butterfly Flurry DMG triggered by other allies’ attacks. Seele’s Talent will not be triggered
Seele’s Recommended Eidolon
As a 5 star single target main DPS character, having her at E0 is actually really great already, but ideally speaking, we truly recommend you to aim for E1, E4 and E6.
You can stop at E1, as that’s the only game-changing moment for Seele’s Eidolon.
E1 will make you feel like Seele has 2 turns instead of 1 turn. Because you can now get 70 SPD increase if you use Seele’s skill attack twice in a row.
E2 is definitely good, but for a F2P player, you can still invest the Crit Rate from the light cone Arrows and from your relics.
E4 is relatively great because you always want to make Seele as your kill trigger. Because she will get an additional turn from killing the enemy and regenerating 15 Energy means that she will be able to spam her ultimate more often. Her kit revolves around her ultimate anyway.
E6 is where you will want to spam Seele’s ultimate most of the time. Despite it being only 30% of Seele’s ultimate damage, 30% of a 5 or even 6 digits number is still a big damage.
We hope that you now understand about how to get the best build for Seele and hopefully you can reach 1 million damage from Seele’s ultimate. In summary, invest a lot of Crit Rate, Crit DMG, Attack, and Speed for Seele. She can pair with any character, but we truly recommend her with support buff characters like Bronya or Asta for higher damage or def break characters like Pela or Silver Wolf. And if you can, try to aim for her E1 eidolon, it’s really worth it.
Visit the official HSR website here for more information about the game!