Here’s our complete Honkai Star Rail Silver Wolf build guide. Rating the best build, relics, light cones, eidolons & skills for this character.
Wondering how well Silver Wolf compares to other characters in the game? Check out our Honkai Star Rail tier list guide.
Honkai Star Rail Silver Wolf Story Introduction
The character besides Kafka that you will see during the first cutscene in Honkai: Star Rail, Silver Wolf. As a genius hacker and a member of Stellaron Hunters, Silver Wolf sees the universe differently from most people. Because she already mastered “aether editing”, the skill that can tamper with the data from the reality in this world. Thus, Silver Wolf always imagines the universe as a game, a massive simulation game to be precise.
With small screen time for Silver Wolf during the 2nd Close Beta testing, there are a lot of things that we don’t know about Silver Wolf yet. About how Silver Wolf and Kafka first meet, about why she can become a genius hacker, about how her hacking battle with Screwllum of the Genius Society occurred. But one thing we can learn, thanks to Silver Wolf and Kafka, both of them are able to meet with Trailblazer, and hence, the chapters upon chapters about Honkai: Star Rail stories can be unraveled one by one.
Honkai Star Rail Silver Wolf Best Build
Silver Wolf is a playable 5 star quantum character in Honkai: Star Rail, with The Nihility Path. A character with The Nihility Path will apply a debuff to the enemies. For Silver Wolf, she can apply either attack reduction by 10%, defense reduction by 10%, or speed reduction by 10%. Since she is a single target attacker, you can either build Silver Wolf as a DPS or a Sub DPS.
Silver Wolf’s ultimate will also apply entanglement, delaying the enemy’s action by 40%, and also apply quantum DoT based on Silver Wolf’s ATK. So, you want to consider investing in Quantum damage boost and ATK for Silver Wolf.
As for the team comp, you can actually pair Silver Wolf with any kind of character. From DoTer characters like Kafka, Serval, or Sampo, or AoE DPS like Himeko or Herta, or even single target DPS like Seele or Dan Heng. Silver Wolf is a very flexible character since she acts more as a shredder for your team.
Honkai Star Rail Silver Wolf Best Light Cone
Rarity: 5 Star (The Nihility Path)
Effect: At the beginning of each turn of the wearer, there’s a 100% base chance to apply Aether Code to a random enemy. When that enemy is inflicted with Break, Aether Code self-destructs, dealing additional DMG to that enemy equal to 80% of the wearer’s ATK. When attacking an enemy with more than 3 Debuffs, deal additional DMG equal to 40% of the wearer’s ATK of the wearer’s Type.
Incessant Rain is Silver Wolf’s signature Light Cone. With this light cone, Silver Wolf will always apply one Aether Code to a single random enemy, which acts like a ticking bomb. If you equip this light cone, you would want to pair Silver Wolf with another debuffer like Pela so that it will be easier to get 3 or more debuffs to get that additional DMG increase.
Since Incessant Rain is a 5 star light cone, you can also use these other light cones as the substitute. The only F2P Nihility light cone that is suitable for Silver Wolf is Void, as Loop is only useful if you have a slow debuff character in your team to activate its effect, which is increased damage if there is a slow effect on the enemy.
Good Night and Sleep Well
Rarity: 4 Star (The Nihility Path)
Effect: Increase DMG dealt to enemies with Debuffs. For every Debuff the target enemy has, increase DMG by 12%, up to 3 time(s). This effect also applies to DoT DMG.
Good Night and Sleep Well is actually Pela’s signature light cone. But, since Silver Wolf’s kit will apply a debuff to the enemies all the time, the increased DMG dealt will be very useful for Silver Wolf too. With this light cone, you can invest your Silver Wolf as your main DPS too. Combined this DMG increase from the light cone and from Silver Wolf’s ultimate and Silver Wolf’s Talent, which could stack up to 5 times separately, the multiplier is actually relatively high. Not to mention DoT effect will also count for this light cone, making it easier to stack up to 3 times.
In the Name of the World
Rarity: 5 Star
Effect: Increase its wearer’s Effect Hit Rate by 28%. If its wearer deals additional Damage, increase CRIT Rate by 8%, can stack up to 3 time(s).
In the Name of the World is actually Welt’s signature light cone. This light cone will help increase Silver Wolf’s chance to apply debuff from that Effect Hit Rate increase. Silver Wolf’s ultimate will also deal additional Quantum Damage if there is a debuff on the enemy, meaning that the Crit Rate buff can also be activated. Thus, you can also use In the Name of the World for your Silver Wolf.
The reason why this light cone In the Name of the World is placed in the third one is because Good Night and Sleep Well light cone has a better effect on the damage outcome. So, if you have both light cones, we suggest you to equip Good Night and Sleep Well for your Silver Wolf.
Eyes of the Prey
Rarity: 4 Star (The Nihility Path)
Effect: Increase the Effect Hit Rate of the wearer when attacking by 24%. Increase DoT DMG by 24%.
Eye of the Prey is actually Sampo’s signature light cone. This is actually the least recommended light cone because compared to the other 4 star and 5 star light cones, Hit Rate and Dot DMG buff is not really mandatory for Silver Wolf. It’s still great to have Effect Hit Rate increase, but Silver Wolf’s chance to apply a debuff to the enemy is already high, 75% from her skill and 100% to apply entanglement from her ultimate. Her damage will also increase for each debuff that the enemy got, so it will be better to get a DMG increase from the debuffs instead of a DoT DMG increase.
Rarity: 3 Star
Effect: Increase Effect Hit Rate of its wearer by 20%.
Void is the F2P choice that you can use for Silver Wolf. Despite we don’t really need the Effect Hit Rate increase, this is the only current 3 star light cone in Honkai: Star Rail that has a useful effect for Silver Wolf.
Honkai Star Rail Silver Wolf Best Relics
Silver Wolf gets a quantum DMG increase for every debuff that the enemy got, stackable up to 5 times from her talent. From her ultimate, there will be another additional Quantum DMG to the enemy based on Silver Wolf’s 18% ATK, which is stackable up to 5 times too. This means that Silver Wolf can be a decent Quantum DPS.
There are 3 ways to build Silver Wolf, focusing on her Quantum DMG by using the Quantum relics or focusing on increasing her damage based on the debuff that the enemy got. Either way, they all will give similar results outcome for your Silver Wolf, but you need at least 4 piece set to benefit from their relic effect.
Here are the relics options that you can choose for Silver Wolf:
- 5 Piece Genius of Brilliant Stars
- 4 Piece Genius of Brilliant Stars + 2 Piece +15% ATK
- 2 Piece Genius of Brilliant Stars + 4 Piece Thief of Shooting Meteor
- 2 Piece Genius of Brilliant Stars + 4 Piece Wastelander of Banditry Desert
Genius of Brilliant Stars
- 2 Piece: Increases Quantum DMG by 12%.
- 4 Piece: Increases the wearer’s ATK by 10% after an action. This effect can stack up to 4 times.
- 5 Piece: Increases Quantum DMG by 12%.
Thief of Shooting Meteor
- 2 Piece: Increases Effect Hit Rate by 15%.
- 4 Piece: The wearer deals 45% more additional DMG to the enemy. When dealing additional DMG, increases the wearer’s ATK by 15% for 1 turn.
- 5 Piece: Increases Effect Hit Rate by 15%.
Wastelander of Banditry Desert
- 2 Piece: Increases Effect Hit Rate by 15%.
- 4 Piece: When attacking an enemy inflicted with a debuff, the wearer deals 15% more DMG with an additional 10% CRIT Rate.
- 5 Piece: Increases Effect Hit Rate by 15%.
Honkai Star Rail Silver Wolf Best Relic Main Stats
For the main stats, here are the recommended relics build for Silver Wolf:
- Feet: ATK
- Neck: Quantum Damage Boost
- Article: Crit Rate / Crit Damage
Honkai Star Rail Silver Wolf Best Relic Sub-Stats
Here are the sub stats that you should aim for:
- Crit Damage
- Crit Rate
- Energy Restoration
Since Silver Wolf will deal more damage if there is more debuff, you want to make sure that you have high CRIT so that Silver Wolf will benefit the multiplier to the fullest. As usual, have a ratio of 1:2 Crit Rate : Crit DMG would be ideal, while at the same time invest more on the ATK so that the DoT damage from Silver Wolf’s ultimate will deal higher damage too.
Honkai Star Rail Silver Wolf Skills
Normal Attack: “System Warning”
- Deals 50% of Silver Wolf’s ATK as Quantum DMG to a target enemy, with a 65% base chance of inflicting a random Bug for 3 turn(s).
Skill: “Allow Changes?”
- Deals 70% of Silver Wolf’s ATK as Quantum DMG to a target enemy, with a 75% base chance to impose the Weakness of a random ally’s Type on the target for 3 turn(s) and reduce the target’s DMG RES to that Weakness Type by 20%.
Ultimate: “User Banned”
- Deals 180% of Silver Wolf’s ATK as Quantum DMG to a target enemy. There is a 100% base chance to cause Entanglement. For each debuff inflicted on the enemy, deals an additional 18% of Silver Wolf’s ATK as Quantum DMG to the enemy, up to 5 times When Entangled, the enemy’s action is delayed by 40% and at the start of the next turn, the enemy receives Quantum DoT equal to 48% of Silver Wolf’s ATK.
Talent: “Awaiting System Response …”
- Silver Wolf can inflict three types of Bugs: Reduce ATK by 10%, reduce DEF by 10%. and reduce SPD by 10%. For every Debuff that the enemy attacked by Silver Wolf has. Silver Wolf’s DMG against the enemy increases by 15%; this effect stacks up to 5 time(s).
Technique: “Force Quit Program”
- Immediately attacks the enemy. After entering battle, ignore Weakness Types and depletes the Toughness of all enemies. If a target’s Weakness is Broken. they will become Entangled.
Honkai Star Rail Silver Wolf Eidolon
E1: “Social Engineering”
- Bug’s duration is extended for 1 turn(s). Whenever an enemy’s Weakness is Broken, Silver Wolf has a 65% base chance of inflicting a random Bug on the target.
E2: “Zombie Network”
- When an enemy enters battle, reduces their Effect RES by 30% for 2 turn(s).
- Ultimate Lv. +3, up to a maximum of Lv. 15. Basic ATK Lv. +1, up to a maximum of Lv. 10.
E4: “Bounce Attack”
- When using Ultimate, for every debuff that the target enemy has. Silver Wolf regenerates 8 Energy, up to 5 time(s).
E5: “Brute Force Attack”
- Skill Lv. +3, up to a maximum of Lv. 15. Basic ATK Lv. +1. up to a maximum of Lv. 10.
E6: “Access Granted”
- The duration of Weaknesses implanted in enemies by Skill has no turn limit.
Silver Wolf’s Recommended Eidolon
For Honkai: Star Rail Silver Wolf eidolon recommendation, we recommend you to aim for E1, E4, and E6. Silver Wolf will only attack a single target enemy, so the more she can apply a debuff to different enemies, the better it will be.
E1 means that the enemy will get the debuff even longer, this way you can worry less about the debuff duration running out while trying to apply more debuff to different targets. The longer the enemy got the debuff, the longer Silver Wolf will get that additional DMG increase too.
E2 is not really mandatory since it will only last for 2 turns. Especially if you only have Silver Wolf that will apply a debuff to the enemies.
E4 will be very useful to recharge Silver Wolf’s energy, as her DPS source comes from her Ultimate. So if you have E4, it will feel like a game changer for your Silver Wolf.
E6 is definitely felt like you can break the game, since now the weakness debuff that Silver Wolf applies to the enemy will be permanent. Not only it will help your other characters to take benefit from that weakness debuff, but it will also mean that Silver Wolf will get a permanent DMG increase from attacking that specific target enemy with the debuff that Silver Wolf has applied to them. This E6 is actually the upgrade for E1.
After reading this page, we hope that you now understand about how to get the best build for Silver Wolf.
For the build, you need to invest a lot of Quantum DMG Boost and ATK. Since her kit revolves around getting higher damage the more debuffs the enemy has, you can also invest in Crit Rate and Crit DMG too.
For the relics, you can actually choose between increasing Quantum damage from using the quantum relic Genius of Brilliant Stars, or you can also get higher damage from the debuff using either Thief of Shooting Meteor or Wastelander of Banditry Desert.
For the team, Silver Wolf is a very flexible character that can fit together with any kind of team comp, so you can go creative with the team composition.
For the eidolon, E4 and E6 is the game-changing part. E1 is definitely useful as it will also prolong the DMG increase that Silver Wolf will get. But E4 basically makes Silver Wolf’s energy requirement lower, making her able to spam her Ultimate more frequently. While E6 will give permanent debuff, making her one of the best shredders and potentially one of the greatest single DPS nukers too.
Visit the official HSR website here for more information about the game!