If you’ve just started out and are new to the game, then check out this Mythic Heroes beginner’s guide! It goes over most aspects of the game.
Huge credit to Asura (Asura#4237) on the official discord for putting this guide together!
General Heroes Guide
- Heroes’ ranks are as follow, in order: Elite (Yellow), Legendary (Orange), Mythic (Red), Celestial (White), Infinite (Rainbow).
- All heroes adopt the fifth lowest hero’s level. (same as resocrystal if you are familiar with AFK Arena or other games, but here it appears from the start)
- Do not ascend or enhance SR units. Using all SR copies you summon to enhance the main units in your team is where they shine (priority given to carries).
- Don’t worry if you made mistakes with some heroes (i.e ascending SR heroes), the reset option at the top left of your hero page can tell you what to expect from it.
- You cannot reset Divinity enhancements or Weapon upgrades yet, so tread carefully
- Do not focus too much on UR units unless you’re a whale (heavy spender), but at least 1 copy is good to have. Ideally for a normal player that wants to use them, raising an UR hero to at least Mythic (8 copies) is feasible and a good compromise.
- Lucifer can be a great main carry in early game and if investment follows, later on aswell.
- Raise a main carry 40 levels higher than the rest.
- A balanced team comprising a main carry, an AOE (Area of Effect), 2 supports and 1 tank or the opposite is recommended. Some unorthodox teams even use 3 supports or none.
Obtaining Heroes: Summoning
- Limited banner only has SSR pity on the first x10 summon, and UR pity until you pull one.
- The best main carries to focus on at the moment are Lucifer, Susanoo (my favorite), GM (Ganjiang&Moye), Izanami, Oberon.
- The best tanks are Hades and Athena and a few others can offtank.
- The best supports are Idun, Naga, Nuwa. Dionysus is also useful for bosses.
- Priority purchases in the Marketplace are Dust, EXP, SSR/UR shards (or other bargains). There’s a free refresh daily. Make sure to not spend too much of your gold as you’ll need it for upgrading.
- Buying the above with diamonds is alright for quick advancement, as you hit walls frequently.
- Buy the cubes that are at 6 coins in the Tribute section (refreshes daily).
- Pantheon lasts 2 days, and is better done on the second day as there’s a chance you’ll be stronger than on the first day.
- Do not be discouraged by losing, it’s almost always a matter of RNG (the randomness) or tactics and you have to repeatedly try a lot, and in different ways. Like, a lot. Do not be surprised if it takes you hours to clear a stage.
- Divine Chronicles, a.k.a “Faction towers”, are unlocked on campaign stage 14-4. To progress in them you will need to use heroes of a specific faction. Raising a few good heroes or at least carries for each faction is not a bad idea.
- Do not touch the Astrolabe of Fate (unlocks chapter 16) when it appears unless you’re a whale, not many things are worth it. You should still try your luck the first time it appears.
- In the normal Astrolabe, using the gears after having unlocked all Astrolabe-related bonuses on your current Cube or face is good practice. you’ll be able to reap the most rewards for the time being. Of course, it is even better if you don’t need to use them (achievements get unlocked though).
- The game and its devs are quite generous with rewards and events.
- The Rookie Handbook event will remain even after the last day is over, until you have completed all the quests in it.
- Guilds are cross-server, so you and your friends can meet no matter where you’re from.
- Some very low-cost packs are worth getting, such as the first couple rookie packs.
- Your very first top-up or purchase will also give you a pack including the UR unit, Lucifer.
- Permanent subscription is also good and you can add the other monthlies on top. It also gives you a pack including the UR unit, Nuwa.
- Completing campaign stages will make spontanous packs pop up. I recommend buying the $0.99 and $1.99 packs that appear then. Especially the ones from the early chapters, with very high value.
- Pretty much any pack princed beyond $1.99 with a value less than 1000% isn’t exactly worth it in my opinion, but you can purchase them. Every bit counts after all.
- There is a low-cost-huge-value campaign completion plan just like most gachas purchasable at $4.99 for the first part, and $9.99 for the following one.
- The Carnival plan is available to purchase for 30 days, but the rewards will still be delivered after the 30 days are over.
Mythic Heroes Official Links
As Mythic Heroes is growing by the day, I highly recommend that you follow the official community channels to keep up to date with the latest game news and information. They will be the first place you’ll find new gift codes, events, and heroes!
- Mythic Heroes Official Site
- Mythic Heroes Facebook
- Mythic Heroes Discord Server
- Mythic Heroes Twitter
- Mythic Heroes Subreddit
- Mythic Heroes YouTube Channel
- Mythic Heroes Instagram
Wondering which heroes are the best? Check out our Mythic Heroes Tier List.
Looking for some in-game freebies? Check out our Mythic Heroes Codes page for an updated list of all gift codes for the game.