Here’s our Payday 2: how to play with friends guide. You’ll need the crimewave version. Log into crime.net and choose a heist to play the game with your friends.
Looking for more Payday 2 guides? Check out our Payday 2: how to upgrade the safehouse guide.
Payday is an exciting multiplayer game that allows you to carry out different heists and earn points. Playday 2 supports a four-player co-op, which means you can enjoy the first-shooter match with your friends.
However, adding players to Payday 2 is not as simple as other games.
You will need to switch to the multiplayer lobby to be able to play with your friends. Here you can do either of these two things,
- Play with random players hosted on your local network or the internet.
- Create your own heist and invite other players to join your game.
Here’s everything you need to know about Payday before you invite and add your friends to the game.
How To Play Payday 2?
To play Payday 2, you can start any heist by logging into the game and going to the map. Select the heist from the map or host a heist, and enjoy your gameplay.
You can improve your game by completing stealth missions and level-up. Amateur heisters will require skills to complete advanced heists.
So, if you are ready to rob banks with your friends in Payday 2, let us tell you how to play Payday 2 with your friends.
Payday 2: How To Play With Friends – Add & Invite Friends
Any game becomes more fun when you play it with your siblings and friends. While Payday is relatively easy to install and play, inviting and adding friends to the game can be a hassle. Though, you do not have to worry as we have penned down the whole process in easy steps for you.
You must download the crimewave edition to play the game on Xbox One or PS4. For the PC, you can buy the game on Steam or download it from different websites.
Keep reading to know how to play Payday 2 with your friends.
How To Join Public Matchmaking Group Heists
- Choose Crime.net from the Payday 2 main menu.
- Log into crime.net.
- All the available heists are scattered around the map, represented by a group icon.
- Clicking on the heists will connect you to Public Matchmaking in the game hosted by random players.
How To Add And Invite Friends In Payday 2
You may invite other players if you want to play with a particular set of gamers.
- Look through the map properly to find and choose a heist with a circle icon to host.
- Some objectives will appear on the left side of the screen, enabling you to change settings.
- Furthermore, you can edit the game settings in the Planning Phase.
- Here, you can find the options to invite, remove, or mute players.
- After selecting the Edit Game option, you can choose players to add to the heist.
- You may add your friends through the “friends-only” option or send invites to other players using the Private option.
- Alternatively, choosing the “Public option” will make your heist public, and anyone can join.
- Once the players have joined the heist, click on the Start the Heist option and enjoy your game!
How To Buy A Contract In Payday 2?
Besides following the method mentioned above and changing the settings before adding friends, you can do the same by buying a suitable contract. You can easily purchase a contract in four simple steps:
- Select Crime.net.
- Choose the Contract Broker option from the menu.
- Pay Offshore cash to the Contract Broker to acquire the contract.
- Set the settings per choice to invite your friends to start the heist
How do you play with friends in Payday 2?
Go to Edit Game settings and select the friends you want to play with. You may also choose the Private option to add other players or the Public option.
Can three people play Payday 2?
Payday 2 supports up to 4 players robbing banks and going heists in the game.
Does Payday 2 have crossplay?
Sadly, Payday 2 does not support crossplay. You and your friend will require the same hardware to play the game. Players may use PS3, PS4, PS5, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PC, Linux, or Switch for Payday 2.
Now that you know how to set up a new heist, add your friends to the game, and play Payday 2 with them, it is time to spend some quality gaming time with them.
Feel free to let us know if you still have some questions.
PAYDAY 2 is available to play on PC via Steam.