Here’s our guide to Acid Magic in Arcane Odyssey! Including wiki info for the skills and clashes, and showing what the best Acid Magic builds to use are.
What is Acid Magic in Arcane Odyssey?
Acid Magic is one of the base magics you’ll get to choose to play when first starting the game. When used in battle, it will apply the acid-exclusive Corroding status effect. This has the same effect as Melting. Corroding inflicts 5% of the attack’s damage for 10 seconds (for a total of 50% attack damage), as well as inflicting a pulsing green or purple acid overlay on the target.
Acid Magic is overall quite strong, capable of dealing high damage, and has decent magic speed, which makes hitting targets a bit easier.
What makes Acid Magic even better is its synergy with most other magic types due to the mechanics of Corroding. The Acid Puddles can also provide passive AoE damage.
It also blends seamlessly with other magics, delivering a significant amount of damage with the Corroding status effect that causes damage over time. Moreover, it leaves behind acid puddles for effective area control and inflicts additional damage to those who tread on them. Acid Magic’s optimal synergies include Ash, Fire, and Magma, and it pairs well with Glass, Plasma, Poison, and Explosion. However, using it with Sand or Water is counterproductive.
Are you wondering how Acid Magic compares to the other magics in the game? Check out our Arcane Odyssey magic tier list guide.
Is Acid Magic a good choice in Arcane Odyssey?
We currently rate Acid Magic as A Tier. It’s very similar to Magma, and you can use it with Attack Size to boost the size of the puddles, but it’s perhaps a little weaker on the damage. However, it’s a little tricky to use correctly.
Acid Magic Best Builds
Here’s a list of the best Acid Magic build combos to use right now. We’ll be updating this list as more are found.
Magma + Acid
Magma applies Melting, which buffs Acid damage by 25%, and Acid applies the Corroding effect, which then buffs Magma by 25% as well.
Either one can be picked as primary, but Magma is recommended due to its high base damage.
Fire + Acid
Fire applies the burning effect, which increases Acid damage by 25%, and Acid applies the corroding effect, which also buffs fire damage by 25%.
Either one can be picked as primary.
Corrodes the target, dealing up to 50% of damage dealt dividing the damage of the initial hit by 5%, over a course of over 10 seconds. Leaves Acid puddles that deal damage upon hitting a surface, if it hits a vertical surface the puddle will be on the closest horizontal surface.
Corroding is cleared by Water Magic, Ice Magic, and Snow Magic, and increases the damage dealt by most other magics, making it a good option for synergizing:
- Corroding increases the damage of Magma spells by 25%, which clears the effect
- Corroding increases the damage of Fire spells by 25%
- Corroding increases the damage of Metal, Plasma, and Glass spells by 20%
- Corroding increases the damage of Wood spells by 15%
- Corroding increases the damage of Earth, Lightning, Sand, Crystal, Explosion, and Ash spells by 10%
- Corroding increases the damage of Acid spells by 5%
- Corroding doesn’t change the damage of Ice spells, though they clear the effect
- Corroding increases the damage of Water and Snow spells by 10%, which clears the effect
Acid Magic Vs. Other Magic
Acid Magic is stronger than most magic when clashing.
It has an advantage over eight different types of magic:
- Fire Magic (1.4x)
- Water Magic (1.2x)
- Sand Magic (1.2x)
- Snow Magic (1.2x)
- Lightning Magic (1.1x)
- Wood Magic (1.1x)
- Poison Magic (1.1x)
- Ash Magic (1.05x)
It is weak against five different types of magic:
- Glass Magic (0.9x)
- Crystal Magic (0.8x)
- Explosion Magic. (0.8x)
- Earth Magic (0.5x)
- Metal Magic (0.45x)
It is neutral with six different types of magic:
- Ice Magic
- Magma Magic
- Light Magic
- Wind Magic
- Shadow Magic
- Plasma Magic
Acid Magic Damage Modifiers
- Acid Magic deals 40% more damage when fighting against Petrified targets.
- Acid Magic deals 25% more damage when fighting against Burning and Melting targets.
- Acid Magic deals 20% more damage when fighting against Frozen targets.
- Acid Magic deals 15% more damage when fighting against Bleeding targets.
- Acid Magic deals 10% more damage when fighting against Poisoned, Scorched, and Charred targets.
- Acid Magic deals 10% less damage when fighting against Soaked and Sandy targets.
- Acid Magic deals 5% more damage when fighting against Corroding targets.
Play Arcane Odyssey for free on Roblox.com!