Here’s our list of all FNAF games in order of their initial release date. We list all of the games chronologically, from the original to the latest!
Ever since its initial release in 2014, the FNAF games have taken the world by storm. From the countless popular lets plays on YouTube to the amazing and involved community of the game, FNAF has had multiple entries in the franchise. If you are new to the series and want to know how many games there are and in what order you should play them, this guide will show you all FNAF games in order.
At the time of writing, there are nine canon FNAF games. However, if you are to include the non-canon games as well, then there are a total of 13 FNAF games right now.
If you want to find out more about these games and at what time they are set in, continue reading to find out. We will also discuss the order of the games as well. Ideally, you should play them in the order that they are released. With that said, let’s jump straight in and take a look at all of the FNAF games in order.
All FNAF Games in Order
As aforementioned, there are a total of 9 main FNAF games. These games are canon, and the events that happen in them are a part of the main story. There are various spin-off games as well which expand the universe of FNAF, but their events aren’t considered canon to the story. With that in mind, here are all the main FNAF games in order:
- Five Nights At Freddy’s (2014)
- Five Nights At Freddy’s 2 (2014)
- FNAF 3 (2015)
- FNAF 4 (2015)
- Five Nights at Freddy’s: Sister Location (2016)
- Freddy Fazbear’s Pizzeria Simulator (2017)
- Five Nights at Freddy’s: Help Wanted (2019)
- FNAF: Special Delivery (2019)
- Five Nights at Freddy’s: Security Breach (2021)
Now that we know about all the main entries in the franchise, let’s take a look at all the spin-off FNAF games in order:
- Five Nights at Freddy’s World (2016)
- Ultimate Custom Night (2018)
- Freddy in Space 2 (2019)
- Security Breach Fury’s Rages (2021)
FNAF Games in Chronological Order
If you want to play the games in chronological order, worry not because we’ve got you covered. While these games might seem like standard indie horrors, they have pretty in-depth lore and connections with one another. With that said, let’s find out all the FNAF games in chronological order:
- Five Nights at Freddy’s 4 (set in 1983)
- FNAF 2 (set in 1987)
- Five Nights at Freddy’s Sister Location (the early 1990s or late 1980s)
- FNAF (set in 1993)
- FNAF 3 (set in 2023)
- Freddy Fazbear’s Pizzeria Simulator (set in 2023)
- FNAF Help Wanted (set after the events of Pizzeria Simulator)
- FNAF: Special Delivery (events prior to Security Breach)
- FNAF: Security Breach (somewhere between 2024 and 2029)
While the first game that was released is FNAF (2014), it is fourth when it comes to chronological order. The first one is FNAF 4. The second entry is FNAF 2, where the bite of 87 took place – I think we’ve all seen the Markiplier meme that goes, “Is that the Bite of 87?!”
You can either play the games in chronological order or start from the order the games were released in. Regardless of how you decide to play, FNAF games have an in-depth story and are all connected to each other. After playing through the main games, try out the spin-offs as well since they are quite fun to play! While they aren’t connected lore-wise, these spin-offs provide a fun experience that is unique and different from the main games.