Here’s our complete Honkai Star Rail Dan Heng Build guide. Rating the best build, relics, light cones, eidolons & skills for this character.
Wondering how well Dan Heng compares to other characters in the game? Check out our Honkai Star Rail tier list guide.
Honkai Star Rail Dan Heng Story Introduction
Dan Heng is one of the key characters in Honkai: Star Rail that walks alongside Trailblazer, the main character in this game. As the person who acts as the Astral Express’ guard, Dan Heng is a calm, reserved, and cold young man. With Cloud Piercer, the spear that he wields all the time, Dan Heng actually goes along with the Astral Express to run away from his past.
With the story that progressed from the 2nd Beta Access, we can learn that Dan Heng is very sharp, have a critical mindset, and have the capability to observe the surrounding and situation clearly, making him one of the characters that scream “reliable”. But for now, there is no information yet about Dan Heng’s past because Dan Heng himself is very silent about it. As Dan Heng travels away together with the Astral Express crew, Himeko, Welt, March 7th, and the new crew, Trailblazer, will Dan Heng be able to run away from his past? Or will it just bring him closer to the thing that he tries to forget?
Want to know more about Honkai: Star Rail characters like Himeko, Welt, March 7th, Trailblazer or other characters too? You can check out them here as we uncover all 23 playable characters in Honkai: Star Rail.
Best Honkai Star Rail Dan Heng Build
Dan Heng is a playable 5 star wind character in Honkai: Star Rail, with The Hunt Path. A character that has The Hunt path is the kind of character that acts as a single target attacker. This means that Dan Heng can act as the main DPS or sub DPS. We rate Honkai: Star Rail Dan Heng as an A tier character because of his ability to dish out big damage to the enemies. The only reason he didn’t reach the S tier level is that there are other characters that can deliver higher damage output like Seele.
With Dan Heng’s kit that will apply slow to the target enemy if he trigger the critical hit, and he will deal higher damage from his ultimate when the enemy has the slow debuff, Critical Rate, Critical Damage, Attack, and Wind Damage Boost will be the main attribute that you need to focus on for Dan Heng. Critical rate is really important because Dan Heng’s attack from his ultimate is only a single attack, so it will be either hit or miss situation.
As a Main DPS or Sub DPS, pairing Dan Heng will buff support characters like Bronya or Asta would be very ideal, because it will raise his damage outcome even higher. You can also pair Dan Heng with a shredder or debuffer characters like Silver Wolf or Pela, especially for the weakened or lower defense debuff to help Dan Heng get 5 or even up to 6 digits number from his ultimate attack damage.
But overall, there is no demand for pairing Dan Heng with specific characters, because he is very flexible in terms of team synergy. So you can pair Dan Heng with any characters in your team, and it will still work because Dan Heng could stand alone independently.
Honkai Star Rail Dan Heng Best Light Cone
Only Silence Remains
Rarity: 4 Star (The Hunt Path)
- Increases ATK of its wearer by 16/20/24/28/32%.
- If there are 2 or fewer enemies on the field, increases wearer’s CRIT Rate by 12/15/18/21/24%.
Only Silence Remains is Dan Heng’s signature light cone. For Dan Heng, it’s very ideal to have Crit Rate buff because his skill will apply a slow debuff when he procs the critical hit. In the terms of rarity, this light cone is a 4 star rarity, thus you can have a higher chance of getting this light cone from the warp. If you don’t have this light cone, you could also use 1 5 star light cone In The Night as the alternative, or the F2P 3 star light cones, Arrows and Darting Arrow.
In the Night
Rarity: 5 Star (The Hunt Path)
- Increases the wearer’s CRIT Rate by 12/15/18/21/24%.
- While the wearer is in battle, for every 10 SPD that exceeds 100, increase the wearer’s Basic ATK and Skill DMG by 6/7.5/9/10.5/12%, and increase the CRIT DMG of their Ultimate by 8/10/12/14/16%. This effect can stack up to 8 time(s).
Despite In The Night is Seele’s signature light cone, the effect actually fits Dan Heng perfectly too. But if you equip this light cone, you also need to invest in the SPD attribute so that Dan Heng will benefit from this light cone’s additional effect, increasing the ATK DMG, Skill DMG and Ultimate CRIT DMG based on the additional extra 15 points of SPD. This is a 5 star rarity light cone, and not all players have the luxury to get this light cone. So, you can also use these 2 light cones as a F2P option.
Rarity: 3 Star (The Hunt Path)
- At the beginning of the battle, increase the wearer’s CRIT Rate by 12/15/18/21/24% for 3 turn(s).
Arrows is the substitute light cone recommendation if you don’t have In the Night or Dan Heng’s signature light cone, Only Silence Remains. That Crit Rate effect which could reach up to 24% if you superimpose this light cone into S5, will definitely help Dan Heng to have a higher Crit Rate chance because Dan Heng’s ideal build revolves around Crit Rate too. If you can’t get the Crit Rate sub stats from your relic, this light cone will also be very ideal to you. So it’s definitely recommended to equip this F2P light cone for your Dan Heng.
Rarity: 3 Star (The Hunt Path)
- When the wearer defeats an enemy, increases ATK by 24/30/36/42/48% for 3 turn(s).
Darting Arrow is another light cone substitution if you don’t have another light conet yet. With the drawback that you need to kill the enemy first, this ATK buff will only activate if Dan Heng is the one who is able to trigger the killing attack. When you superimpose this light cone to max, it will increase Dan Heng’s ATK up to 40%. Making this the 2nd recommended F2P light cone for Dan Heng, but only if Dan Heng is able to kill the enemy himself.
Between Arrows and Darting Arrow, we would recommend you to equip Dan Heng with Arrows first, because it’s harder to increase your character’s Crit Rate compare to their ATK attribute. And since Dan Heng’s kit revolves around single attack hit from his ultimate, you would always want to make sure that Dan Heng will proc the critical hit.
Honkai Star Rail Dan Heng Best Relics
As a wind DPS character, increasing Dan Heng’s wind attack is his ideal relics build at the moment. Since Dan Heng also enjoys the ATK increase, you can also equip him with the ATK increase relics.
Here are the options that you can choose for Dan Heng’s best relics build. The order are in the best to least recommended order, so we would recommend the first build.
- 5 Piece Eagle of Twilight Line
- 4 Piece Eagle of Twilight Line + 2 Piece +15% ATK relics
- 2 Piece Eagle of Twilight Line + 2 Piece +15% ATK relics + 2 Piece +15% ATK relics
- 2 Piece Eagle of Twilight Line + 4 Piece Musketeer of Wild Wheat
It will definitely be challenging to get the 5 piece sets, so having 2 Piece relics for Eagle of Twilight Line and 2 piece set for the +15% ATK relics is a good start.
Eagle of Twilight Line
- 2 Piece: Increases Wind DMG by 12%.
- 4 Piece: Increases the wearer’s SPD by 10 and regenerates 5% of Max Energy after each action for the wearer.
- 5 Piece: Increases Wind DMG by 12%.
Musketeer of Wild Wheat
- 2 Piece: Increases ATK by 15%.
- 4 Piece: When the wearer uses Basic ATK, increases the wearer’s ATK by 20% and SPD by 10 for 1 turn.
- 5 Piece: Increases ATK by 15%.
Honkai Star Rail Dan Heng Best Main Stats
For the main stats, here are the recommended relics build for Dan Heng:
- Feet: ATK
- Neck: Wind Damage Boost
- Article: Crit Rate / Crit Damage
Honkai Star Rail Dan Heng Best Sub-Stats
Here are the sub-stats that you should aim for:
- Crit Rate
- Crit Damage
- ATK, Energy Restoration
Despite it being useful to have high Crit DMG, but if you can’t proc the critical hit yet, the Crit DMG will be useless. So invest at least above 50% or even try to reach around 70% Crit Rate to make sure Dan Heng will deliver a critical hit most of the time. Then aim for ATK afterward. You need to invest more speed if you use In The Night light cone for Dan Heng.
Honkai: Star Rail Dan Heng Skills
These are the final beta skills for Dan Heng.
Basic Attack: “Knight Spear Technique: North Wind”
- Deal Wind DMG equal to 50/100/110% of Dan Heng’s ATK to a target enemy.
Skill: “Knight Spear Technique: Torrent”
- Deals Wind DMG equal to 130/260/286% of Dan Heng’s ATK to a single enemy. On a CRIT Hit, there is a 100% base chance to reduce the target’s SPD by 15% for 2 turn(s).
Ultimate: “Ethereal Dream”
- Deals Wind DMG equal to 240/400/432% of Dan Heng’s ATK to a single enemy. If the enemy is Slowed, Dan Heng’s Ultimate’s DMG multiplier increases by 72/120/129%.
Talent: “Superiority of Reach”
- When Dan Heng is the target of an ally’s Ability, his next attack’s Wind RES PEN increases by 18/36/39%. This effect can be triggered again after Dan Heng has taken action 1 time(s).
Technique: “Splitting Spearhead”
- After using a Technique, Dan Heng’s ATK increases by 40% for 3 turn(s) in the next battle.
Honkai Star Rail Dan Heng Eidolon
E1: “The Higher You Are. the Harder You Fall”
- When the enemy hit has HP greater than or equal to 50%. Dan Heng’s CRIT Rate increases by 15%.
E2: “Control the Malice, Extinguish the Flame”
- Reduces Talent cooldown by 1 turn.
E3: “Day Freely Changes to Night”
- Skill Lv. +2, up to a maximum of Lv. 15. Basic ATK Lv. +1. up to a maximum of Lv. 10.
E4: “Balance Like the Sun in the Sky”
- When using his Ultimate to defeat an enemy, Dan Heng’s next action is Advanced Forward by 100%.
E5: “Drop of Rain Feeds at Torrent”
- Ultimate Lv. +2, up to a maximum of Lv. 15. Basic ATK Lv. +1, up to a maximum of Lv. 10.
E6: “The Troubled Soul Lies in Wait”
- Slow triggered by Skill reduces the enemy’s SPD by an additional 10%.
Dan Heng’s Recommended Eidolon
We recommend you to aim for E4. Dan Heng’s eidolon revolves around increasing the hit Crit Rate, which is very ideal because he is a single-hit DPS, but his E4 will change his gameplay, making him the final hitter so that he will get an additional turn. In a turn-based game, having more turns than the enemy will definitely give a significant impact.
E1: “The Higher You Are. the Harder You Fall” will help you proc critical hits easier as long as the enemy has more than 50% HP. Any buff requirement that will increase Dan Heng’s Crit Rate will definitely be useful. This E1 eidolon is basically the 2x buff to your talent, but only for the Crit Rate buff.
E2: “Control the Malice, Extinguish the Flame” will reduce the talent cooldown by 1, meaning that you can have Crit Rate more often or the WIND RES PEN attack chance more often.
E4: “Balance Like the Sun in the Sky” is the game-changing moment for Dan Heng, because you will want to make Dan Heng as your finishing blow, so that Dan Heng can get more turn. This will make Dan Heng similar to Seele’s passive.
E6: “The Troubled Soul Lies in Wait” is not mandatory, since it will only give more dense slow debuff. It will not affect Dan Heng’s damage outcome as a DPS character.
After reading this page, we hope that you now understand about how to get the best build for Dan Heng. In summary, invest a lot of Crit Rate first, then continue by his Crit DMG, Attack, and energy restoration. It’s crucial to give energy restoration from the relics sub stats so that Dan Heng can use his ultimate more often, as his ultimate is his damage source. For the team, he can be paired with any character, but we truly recommend pairing Dan Heng with support buff characters like Bronya or Asta for higher damage or def break characters like Pela or Silver Wolf. For the Eidolon, we really recommend you to get his E4, as that is the game-changing moment for Dan Heng.
Visit the official HSR website here for more information about the game!