Here’s our complete Honkai Star Rail Blade Build guide. Rating the best build, relics, light cones, eidolons & skills for this character.
Wondering how well Blade compares to other characters in the game? Check out our Honkai Star Rail tier list guide.
Honkai Star Rail Blade Story Introduction
Note: Blade is not currently in the final beta for Honkai Star Rail.
Honkai: Star Rail Blade is a mysterious person with an unknown background story in his past life. It’s so mysterious that nobody knows his real name yet. It said that Blade holds an ancient weapon, probably the root of his name, Blade. But this ancient weapon is filled with cracks, also reflecting his body and his mind.
Affiliated with the Stellaron Hunters, Blade was together with Kafka and Silver Wolf too. You can even see Blade’s appearance in Kafka’s splash art picture. As for now, we can only wonder and imagine all the possibilities about the things that are happening between Blade, Kafka, and Silver Wolf, and who knows if there is another member in the Stellaron Hunters too.
Unfortunately, since Blade is a newly released character for the 2nd beta access, that is as far as we can know about Blade’s identity and lore. But no need to be fret, because there is still hope if we also consider Kafka and Silver Wolf‘s appearance in the main story, literally the beginning of the story. If you want to know more about Kafka and Silver Wolf, or even another character in Honkai: Star Rail like Welt, Himeko or Arlan, we also cover their character introduction in our playable Honkai: Star Rail characters highlight that you can check in this website.
Best Honkai Star Rail Blade Build
Blade is a playable 5-star wind character in Honkai: Star Rail, with The Destruction path. A character that has The Destruction path is the kind of character that excels as an all-rounder attacker, meaning he can be your primary main DPS too. Honkai: Star Rail Blade is rated A tier for his tremendous damage outcome and as a DPS candidate, the reason he almost reached S tier but get in A tier instead is that his HP depletion mechanic could be a hit or miss, becoming a double edge sword for your team. But we need to admit that his damage outcome is incredible and we definitely recommend you to try him if you’re able to get one.
For Blade’s best build, since his mechanic revolves around depleting HP, dealing higher damage depending on how much HP that got drained, it’s ideal to increase Blade’s Max HP, ATK, and wind damage boost.
Sacrificing Blade’s HP is his bread and butter, and pairing him with the healer, is the peanut butter and jelly. We recommend you to pair Blade with Luocha because Luocha’s healing skills sync perfectly with Blade’s HP depletion. Because once someone’s HP reached below 50%, Luocha will automatically heal them outside of his turn. So you can always make sure that Blade’s HP could maintain above half most of the time.
But getting a 5-star character like Luocha is really challenging, so you can also substitute Luocha with another healer like Natasha too. She’s a 4-star healer, and it’s relatively easier to get a 4-star character compared to getting a limited 5-star character.
Since Blade could also act as your main DPS character, you can also pair Blade with ATK buff support like Asta or Bronya. We really recommend you to pair your main DPS with a support buff so that your character can really become the beast and deliver insane damage to the enemy.
Honkai Star Rail Blade Best Light Cone
The Unreachable Side
- Rarity: 5 Star (The Destruction Path)
- Effect: Increase the Max HP of the wearer by 16%, and ATK by 16%. Damage when attacking is also increased by 30%, and follow-up attacks by 30%.
The Unreachable Side is Blade’s signature Light cone. Increasing Max HP and ATK increase are 2 attributes that are very ideal for Blade because his best build revolves around HP and ATK. Unfortunately, this light cone is a 5 star rarity. But the good news is, most of The Destruction Path’s light cones are focused on ATK, so there are a lot of other light cones alternatives that you can choose if you don’t have The Unreachable Side.
You can choose between Clara’s signature light cone, Something Irreplaceable, a 5 star rarity light cone, or Arlan’s signature light cone, A Secret Vow, or Hook’s signature light cone, The Moles Welcome You, which are both 4 star rarity, or the 3 star rarity light cone Collapsing Sky.
- Rarity: 5 Star (The Destruction Path)
- Effect: Increases ATK of the wearer by 24%. After receiving an attack, the wearer immediately restores HP equal to 8% of the wearer’s ATK, and increases DMG dealt by 20%. This effect will be valid until the end of the wearer’s turn. The effect cannot stack and can only trigger once per turn.
Despite Something Irreplaceable is Clara’s signature light cone, this light cone is actually the 2nd Best in Slot light cone for Blade. Because Blade’s HP will always keep depletes every time, the HP restoration passive from this light cone could potentially make Blade’s survivability becomes higher. So, if you don’t have Clara but you got this light cone, this suits Blade perfectly too.
A Secret Vow
- Rarity: 4 Star (The Destruction Path)
- Effect: Increase DMG dealt by the wearer by 20%. The wearer also deals an extra 20% of DMG to enemies with a higher HP percentage than the wearer.
If you don’t have any 5 star Destruction Path light cones, you can also consider using Arlan’s signature light cone, A Secret Vow. Even if you invest a lot of Max HP build for your Blade, he will always sacrifice his HP, thus the chance of his HP would be lower compared to the enemies would be higher, making Blade could benefit the extra DMG from this light cone too.
The Moles Welcome You
- Rarity: 4 Star (The Destruction Path)
- Effect: For every Basic ATK, Skill, and Ultimate used by the wearer, the wearer gains one stack of Mischievous. Each stack increases the wearer’s ATK by 12%.
The second recommended light cone if you don’t have any 5 star light cone, The Moles Welcome You. Increasing ATK from either basic attack, skill or ultimate, it fits Blade’s ATK build requirement. But if you have both A Secret Vow and The Moles Welcome You, it’s better to pick A Secret Vow instead, as it is more useful compared to this light cone for Blade.
- Rarity: 3 Star (The Destruction Path)
- Effect: Increase Basic Attack DMG and Skill DMG of its wearer by 16%.
Collapsing Sky is the 3 star light cone that you can use for Blade. Increasing basic attack and skill damage that could reach up to 32% if you superimpose it to the max, this is the F2P alternative build for Blade’s light cone.
Honkai Star Rail Blade Best Relics
The best relics set for Blade, as a wind DPS character, is Eagle of Twilight Line. Despite he also needs to get Max HP build, the current relics that increase the max HP, Passerby of Wandering Cloud, has the 4 set bonus focusing on the healer character, increasing the wearer’s outgoing healing by 10%. So the only set that suits Blade is the wind relics.
Getting 5 set relics could be a challenge itself, so here are the options that you can choose for Blade’s best relics build. We will list this from the best to the least:
- 5 Piece Eagle of Twilight Line
- 2 Piece Eagle of Twilight Line + 4 Piece Musketeer of Wild Wheat
- 2 Piece Eagle of Twilight Line / 2 Piece +15% ATK / 2 Piece +15% ATK / 2 Piece Passerby of Wandering Cloud (choose 3)
Eagle of Twilight Line
- 2 Piece: Increases Wind DMG by 12%.
- 4 Piece: Increases the wearer’s SPD by 10 and regenerates 5% of Max Energy after each action for the wearer.
- 5 Piece: Increases Wind DMG by 12%.
Musketeer of Wild Wheat
- 2 Piece: Increases ATK by 15%.
- 4 Piece: When the wearer uses Basic ATK, increases the wearer’s ATK by 20% and SPD by 10 for 1 turn.
- 5 Piece: Increases ATK by 15%.
Passerby of Wandering Cloud
- 2 Piece: Increases HP by 15%.
Honkai Star Rail Blade Best Main Stats
For the main stats, here are the recommended relics build for Blade:
- Feet: ATK / HP
- Neck: Wind Damage Boost
- Article: Crit Rate / Crit Damage
Honkai Star Rail Blade Best Sub-Stats
Here are the sub stats that you should aim for:
- Crit Damage
- Crit Rate
- Energy Restoration
Investing in Crit Rate and Crit Damage will be the highest priority for Blade so that he can trigger critical hit most of the time. You can go above 50% Crit Rate, even up to 70% ideally, with 1:2 Crit Rate : Crit Damage Ratio. It would also be ideal to prioritize HP first then ATK because Blade’s ultimate and his follow-up talent attack scales on his HP too. His healing also scales from HP.
Honkai Star Rail Blade Skills
Normal Attack: “Shard Sword”
- Deals 50% of Blade’s ATK as Wind DMG to a target enemy.
- Consumes 30% of Blade’s Max HP to Immediately Advance action forward by 100%. In addition, DMG increases by 12%. and Basic ATK “Shard Sword is enhanced to” Forest of Swords for 3 turns). Skill cannot be used while “Forest of Swords still active. If HP is insufficient after using Skill. Blade’s HP will be reduced to 1. This Skill cannot regenerate Energy.
Ultimate: “Death Sentence”
- Deals 28.8% of Blade’s ATK plus 72% of Max HP as Wind DMG to an enemy and adjacent targets. and 14.4% of Blade’s ATK plus 36% of Max HP as Wind DMG to adjacent targets. Additionally. sets Blade’s current HP to 50% of his Max HP.
Talent: “Shuhu’s Gift”
- Every time he takes DMG. Blade gains 1 Charge stack for 3 turn(s). stacking up to 5 times. When the maximum Charge stacks is reached. consume all Charges and immediately unleash a follow-up attack on all enemies. dealing 21% of Blade’s ATK plus 54% of the HP loss while stacking Charges as Wind DMG. Then, restore Blade’s HP by 30% of his Max HP.
Technique: “Karma Wind”
- Immediately attacks the enemy. After entering battle. consumes 20% of Blade’s Max HP and deals 40% of Blade’s Max HP as Wind DMG to all enemies.
Honkai Star Rail Blade Eidolon
E1: “Rejected by Death. Infected With Life”
- During the battle, every time Blade’s HP goes lower than 50%, Max HP is increased by 20%. Stacks up to 2 time(s).
E2: “Missed Dreams and Countless Regrets”
- While Forest of Swords’ is active, if Blade’s HP is restored. his next attack’s DMG increases by 15%. This effect stacks up to 3 time(s).
E3: “Smelting Steel, and Milling Grains”
- Ultimate Lv. +3, up to a maximum of Lv. 15. Basic ATK Lv. +1, up to a maximum of Lv. 10.
E4: “Ultimate Sword. Hidden Hell”
- When using Ultimate, if Blade’s HP is above 50%, deals 100% of the HP loss caused by Ultimate to the enemy and adjacent targets as additional Wind DMG.
E5: “Death Sentence Facing Karma”
- Skill Lv. +3, up to a maximum of Lv. 15. Basic ATK Lv. +1. up to a maximum of Lv. 10.
E6: “Body and Soul”
- When struck by a killing blow. instead of becoming incapacitated. Blade’s HP is reduced to 1 and his Talent is immediately triggered. This effect can only trigger 1 time every 3 turn(s).
Blade’s Recommended Eidolon
In Honkai: Star Rail, there are characters where getting them into E0 alone is already great, and there are some characters who will have a game-changing moment if you are able to get their specific Eidolon. For Blade, his E6 is very game-changing and it will make him defy death most of the times.
If you can’t reach E6, we also recommend you to at least try and get his E1, as it will help him deliver higher damage.
E1 is definitely worth it. Max HP increases by 20% and it could stack up to 40%, Blade’s ultimate damage will rise. And since after the ultimate Blade’s HP will get set up to 50% of his Max HP, it will be easy to stack this passive too.
E2 could be useful if you pair Blade with a healer. But you need to utilize the correct timing to stack Blade’s attack buff.
E4 will make Blade’s ultimate damage even higher. Also recommend to get if you planned on making Blade your true main DPS.
E6 basically gave Blade second chance every 3 turns. After triggering the talent, Blade will replenish 30% of his Max HP, thus he can become more reliable and you can worry less about Blade’s HP depletion. Totally worth it to get this Eidolon if you have all the resources to pull for this character.
After reading this page, we hope that you now understand about how to get the best build for Blade. In summary, Blade is one of the characters where you want to invest a lot of Max HP and Attack. Pair him with a healer to maintain his survivability, and he can actually be paired with any character since he could be a flexible main DPS. Aim for E1 if you want higher Max HP for your Blade and his E6 is very worth it, making him one of the most OP characters.
Visit the official HSR website here for more information about the game!