Here is our WoTLK Classic Jewelcrafting leveling guide 1-450. Master the art of cutting gems and become a grand master!
Jewelcrafting was first introduced in the burning crusade and enables players to create gems that can be socketed into specific gear that has gem sockets.
The profession has a huge scope of potential in WoTLK Classic. You can pair it with mining and prospect the ore to get the mats for rare gems and then cut / sell them. It can also be paired with Blacksmithing to socket your unique epic gems into the two extra sockets from BS.
There’s also a daily quest to keep you busy, which will reward a Dalaran Jewelcrafter’s Token that can be used to buy really good early designs such as meta gems, and later on, epic gem designs.
In terms of raw stat gain for your character, Jewelcrafting allows players to equip up to 3 JC unique Epic gems that have more stats than normal ones. Although this power gain diminishes a bit once everyone else has access to epic gems (which you’ll be able to cut and sell to them!).
You can also craft many blue and epic items, including some really nice rings and necklaces.
Approximate Materials Required for 1-450
A word of advice: Don’t buy all of these at once. The mats are likely to be extremely expensive due to the inflation from TBC Classic.
The amount is based on you gaining 1 skill point per cast, so you’ll likely need more if you get a little unlucky.
Azeroth – Classic (1-300)
- Copper Bar x 100
- Tigerseye x 20 or Malachite x 20
- Bronze Bar x 120 = (60 Copper Bar, 60 Tin Bar)
- Shadowgem x 60 or Shadowgem x 20 and Small Lustrous Pearl x 20
- Heavy Stone x 80
- Moss Agate x 30
- Mithril Bar x 140
- Solid Stone x 80
- Citrine x 25
- Truesilver Bar x 15
- Aquamarine x 5
- Thorium Bar x 50
- Star Ruby x 10
- Large Opal x 20
- Powerful Mojo x 10 or Blue Sapphire x 10
- Essence of Earth x 10 or Essence of Undeath x 10
- Huge Emerald x 20
Outland – Burning Crusade (300-350)
- Blood Garnet, Golden Draenite, Shadow Draenite, Deep Peridot, Azure Moonstone, Flame Spessarite x 55 or x 40, and Black Diamond x 1. Make sure not to buy all of the same color because you might lack the reputation to craft them. Wait until you reach that part.
- Adamantite Powder x 40 (200 Adamantite Ore)
- Primal Earth x 10
- Adamantite Bar x 10
Northrend – Wrath of the Lich King (350-450)
- Bloodstone, Chalcedony, Dark Jade, Huge Citrine, Shadow Crystal, Sun Crystal x 70. Make sure to buy at least 1 Chalcedony, 1 Shadow Crystal, and 1 Dark Jade, because you will need them later on for Icy Prism.
- Eternal Earth x 46 or 23 Eternal Earth x 23 and Eternal Shadow x 23
- Forest Emerald – x 7. You might only need 5.
- Skyflare Diamond or Earthsiege Diamond x 28
- Frozen Orb x 1
WoTLK Classic Jewelcrafting Leveling Guide 1-450
The first thing to do is to learn Apprentice Jewelcrafting from a trainer. Ask a guard in any major city for directions to the jewelcrafting trainer.
Buy a Jeweler’s Kit from the Jewelcrafting Supplies vendor near the trainer.
Apprentice Jewelcrafting (1-50)
30 x Delicate Copper Wire – 60 Copper Bar
Save these for later.
20 x Tigerseye Band – 20 Tigerseye, 20 Delicate Copper Wire
You can also make Malachite Pendant x 20.
Journeyman Jewelcrafting (50 – 150)
Learn Journeyman Jewelcrafting from a trainer.
50 x Bronze Setting – 100 Bronze Bar
Save these for later.
20 x Simple Pearl Ring – 20 Small Lustrous Pearl, 20 Bronze Setting, 40 Copper Bar
20 x Gloom Band – 20 Bronze Setting, 40 Shadowgem, 40 Delicate Copper Wire
10 x Ring of Twilight Shadows – 20 Shadowgem, 20 Bronze Bar
If you made Ring of Silver Might, you can also keep making them.
10 x Heavy Stone Statue – 80 Heavy Stone
If you can buy Heavy Stone cheaply then you can make this up to 130.
30 x Pendant of the Agate Shield – 30 Moss Agate, 30 Bronze Settings
Design: Amulet of the Moon can be bought from these vendors:
It’s likely that some nice folks will be camping this recipe on release to sell for profit, so if you can’t get the design then you can also make these:
120 – 136
16x Heavy Jade Ring – 16 Jade, 16 Bronze Setting, 32 Iron Bar
136 – 150
14x Golden Dragon Ring – 14 Jade, 28 Gold Bar, 28 Delicate Copper Wire
Expert Jewelcrafting (150 – 200)
Learn Expert Jewelcrafting from a trainer.
45 x Mithril Filigree – 90 Mithril Bar
Save these for later as you’ll need 45 of them.
8 x Solid Stone Statue – 80 Solid Stone
15 x Engraved Truesilver Ring – 15 Truesilver Bar, 30 Mithril Filigree
You can continue to make this up to around 210 if Citrine is too expensive on your auction house to use for the next step.
Artisan Jewelcrafting (200 – 300)
Learn Artisan Jewelcrafting from a trainer.
25 x Citrine Ring of Rapid Healing – 25 Citrine, 50 Mithril Bar
This goes yellow at 210, so you could end up needing a little more Citrine.
5 x Aquamarine Pendant of the Warrior – 5 Aquamarine, 15 Mithril Filigree
50 x Thorium Setting – 50 Thorium Bar
Stop making these at 250 and only make more if you need it.
10 x Ruby Pendant of Fire – 10 Star Ruby, 10 Thorium Setting
You can make this up to 275 if Large Opal is too expensive on your auction house to use for the next step.
20 x Simple Opal Ring – 20 Large Opal, 20 Thorium Setting
You can also craft Diamond Focus Ring at 265.
10 x Onslaught Ring – 10 Powerful Mojo, 10 Essence of Earth, 10 Thorium Setting
10 x Sapphire Pendant of Winter Night – 10 Blue Sapphire, 10 Essence of Undeath, 10 Thorium Setting
Essence of Undeath is usually cheaper or easier to farm than Powerful Mojo.
10 x Emerald Lion Ring – 20 Huge Emerald, 10 Thorium Setting
Make a few Glowing Thorium Band if you have some Azerothian Diamonds left.
Master Jewelcrafting (300 – 350)
Travel to Outland and learn and learn Master Jewelcrafting from one of these vendors:
Beyond this point, all crafts will be yellow for you so there’s an element of luck involved.
Craft around 30 of the following gems to reach 320:
- Brilliant Golden Draenite
- Teardrop Blood Garnet
- Solid Azure Moonstone
- Radiant Deep Peridot
- Inscribed Flame Spessarite
- Glowing Shadow Draenite
An alternative method to level from 300-315 is to craft this:
15 x Prismatic Black Diamond – 15 Black Diamond
Make 5-7 from any of the following gems.
- Bold Blood Garnet
- Bright Blood Garnet
- Gleaming Golden Draenite
- Jagged Deep Peridot
- Luminous Flame Spessarite
- Royal Shadow Draenite
- Sparkling Azure Moonstone
10 x Mercurial Adamantite – 40 Adamantite Powder, 10 Primal Earth
Save these for later.
If this doesn’t get you to 335, then make some of these gems:
- Glinting Flame Spessarite (Design sold/trained by Kalaen & Tatiana)
- Enduring Deep Peridot (Requires Honor Hold / Thrallmar – Friendly)
- Runed Blood Garnet (Requires The Scryers – Friendly)
- Shifting Shadow Draenite (Requires The Consortium – Friendly)
- Thick Golden Draenite (Requires The Consortium – Honored)
- Purified Jaggal Pearl (Sold by all Master Jewelcrafting trainers in Outland, turns green at 332)
Make around 5-7 from any of the following gems.
- Rigid Golden Draenite (Design sold/trained by Kalaen & Tatiana)
- Sovereign Shadow Draenite (Design sold/trained by Kalaen & Tatiana)
- Smooth Golden Draenite (Design sold/trained by Kalaen & Tatiana)
- Dazzling Deep Peridot (Requires The Scryers – Honored)
- Delicate Blood Garnet (Requires The Consortium – Honored)
- Potent Flame Spessarite (Requires Lower City – Friendly)
340 – 350
10 x Heavy Adamantite Ring – 10 Adamantite Bar, 10 Mercurial Adamantite
If you didn’t reach 350 with this, then either continue to make more rings, or make the gems from the previous step.
Grand Master Jewelcrafting (350 – 450)
Go to Northrend and learn Grand Master Jewelcrafting.
- Timothy Jones – Trade District, Dalaran
- (Horde) Carter Tiffens – Vengeance Landing, Howling Fjord
- (Horde) Geba’li – Warsong Hold, Borean Tundra
- (Alliance) Ounhulo – Valgarde, Howling Fjord
- (Alliance) Alestos – Valiance Keep, Borean Tundra
350 – 395
Buy around 55-60 from any of these gems:
There’s a huge amount of gems to craft from these, just pick any color that’s the currently cheapest to buy on your auction house.
395 – 400
Craft 5 from any of the following items:
5 x Bloodstone Band – 5 Bloodstone, 10 Crystallized Earth
5 x Crystal Chalcedony Amulet – 5 Chalcedony, 10 Crystallized Earth
5 x Crystal Citrine Necklace – 5 Huge Citrine, 10 Crystallized Earth
5 x Sun Rock Ring – 5 Sun Crystal, 10 Crystallized Earth
Make more if you don’t reach 400.
400 – 420
23 x Stoneguard Band – 46 Eternal Earth
23 x Shadowmight Ring – 23 Eternal Earth, 23 Eternal Shadow
420 – 425
7 x Dazzling Forest Emerald – 7 Forest Emerald
Keep making this until it’s green because the next steps require expensive meta gems to level.
425 – 440
At this point, the fastest and best way to level is by crafting meta gems. You can sell them on the auction house and make some of your gold back.
There’s some meta gem designs that can be trained, but others can be bought from Tiffany Cartier in Dalaran or drop from dungeon bosses and random mobs in Northrend.
If you want to make the most profit, your best bet is to likely save up and buy one of these designs from Tiffany Cartier:
These are BiS meta gems for many different DPS classes.
If you decide to do this, then make Icy Prism each day as well to reduce the number of meta gems required. You should likely be making this every day anyway though!
440 – 441
1 x Icy Prism – 1 Frozen Orb, 1 Chalcedony, 1 Shadow Crystal, 1 Dark Jade
You can also level this 425 to 450, but it has a 20-hour cooldown and requires frozen orbs.
441 – 450
Congratulations on hitting 450!
And that was our WoTLK Classic Jewelcrafting Leveling Guide 1-450 for Wrath of the Lich King Classic.
Looking for more WoTLK Classic content? Here’s some of our other guides:
- WotLK Classic: How to Get to Dalaran
- WoTLK Classic Alchemy Leveling Guide 1-450
- WoTLK Classic Blacksmithing Leveling Guide 1-450
- WoTLK Classic Inscription Leveling Guide 1-450
- WoTLK Classic Hunter Pre-Raid BiS Gear