If you’re wondering what the most optimal stats are to pick at the start of the game, we’ve got you covered! Here’s our complete Fallout 4 best starting stats guide.
The Fallout franchise is a video game series that places you in the role of a wanderer in a futuristic post-apocalyptic world ruined by nuclear radiation. The series has the player fighting and interacting with the various threats and individuals in the world. The series, at least up until Fallout New Vegas has thrived on giving the players complete freedom in exploration and how they approach the game’s story as well as offering the player tons of options on not only completely altering the game’s story but also how it plays through interesting character builds and unique play styles.
Players can invest stat points how they will. Let us look at Fallout 4’s best starting stats.
During the opening segment in Fallout 4 players will be asked to allocate a handful of stat points to various skills; these will be used to decide what kind of playstyle you’re going to pursue for the rest of the game. The best starting stats to invest in are Perception, Endurance, and Intelligence. These three are directly linked with your character’s gameplay and ability to level up and progress in-game.
We suggest you keep reading to find out what each of the aforementioned stats contributes to your Fallout 4 experience and playthrough. We will be diving deeper into the stat system so without further ado, let us take a look at Fallout 4’s best starting stats.
Best Starting Stats in Fallout 4
Stats are basic attributes that can be allotted to your character when you start a game in Fallout 4. These have a direct effect on your player’s performance in the game, and your choices can make a big difference in the fate of your character’s playstyle. Let us take a look at the Stat system in Fallout 4.
During the opening segment in Fallout 4 players will be asked to allocate a handful of stat points to various skills; these will be used to decide what kind of playstyle you’re going to pursue for the rest of the game. The skill system which is called the S.P.E.C.I.A.L system in the Fallout games is defined as follows:
- Strength affects carry capacity and use of only a few weapons and those issues are easily solved with clothing, armor, or drugs.
- Perception affects aiming accuracy and chance to hit in VATS, so it’s quite important.
- Endurance affects your base health, so it is also important.
- Charisma makes certain interactions easier and opens some interesting perks but you can play with no charisma.
- Intelligence is extremely important because it affects how quickly you level up and fill in the rest of your special stats.
- Agility affects your action points which affect how long you can sprint and how many moves you have in VATS. So it’s important either way.
- Luck can be important especially if you’re playing with low perception. If you want to use the Idiot Savant perk, you’ll have to have at least 4 points on it anyway
Which Stats to Look Into?
As we have mentioned above, your character will benefit the most from investing Stat points in Perception, Intelligence, and Endurance. These combined with the tips mentioned in the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. description above will ensure a balanced playthrough which is ideal for beginners so that they can enjoy the story and game without stressing themselves out too much. The stamina, experience, and refined aim will be your best friend the first time you play Fallout 4.
Choosing The Right Stats
Your S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats are very important as they can’t be increased or changed for a good chunk of the game.
On top of your S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats, you also get Perks you can choose that are based on your level and which stats you put points in, these range from bartering to increasing your efficiency in certain kinds of firearms
Given your inability to alter your stats throughout most of the game, it is crucial that you make the right decision, or else your playthrough of Fallout 4 will be brimming with frustration and rage-quitting. Keep that in mind!
That concludes our guide for the best starting Stats in Fallout 4. Choosing the right stats can be the divider between a decent and a fantastic first playthrough. Leave your feedback in the comments below and be sure to check out our other guides as well. Good luck!
Looking for more content? Check these Fallout 4 guides:
- How To Scrap Junk In Fallout 4?
- Where To Find Fusion Cores In Fallout 4
- How Long is Fallout 4
- How To Exit Power Armor In Fallout 4
- How To Assign Workers In Fallout 4
Fallout 4 can be played on PC via Steam.