Here’s our complete Honkai Star Rail Luocha build guide. Rating the best build, relics, light cones, eidolons & skills for this character.
Wondering how well Luocha compares to other characters in the game? Check out our Honkai Star Rail tier list guide.
Honkai Star Rail Luocha Story Introduction
As a new 5 star character in Honkai: Star Rail 2nd Beta, Luocha is, without doubt, the best S tier healer right now. Since he’s a new character, there is no backstory about his background yet and how he is part of the Intergalactic Merchant Guild. But one thing that Honkai Impact 3rd player might think of, “is this Otto?” Because how Luocha really looked like Otto in that game from the same company, miHoYo.
Why does Luocha bring a coffin everywhere? Is there a connection between the coffin and Luocha’s role as a healer, or as a doctor? What kind of crisis happening in the Xianzhou Luofu’s Stellaron right now? What are Luocha’s connection with Sushang and Jing Yuan? Hopefully, when the game will be released in the future, we will finally know the story behind Luocha’s life. But for now, we can only hope that the game will be released soon enough.
Want to know all playable Honkai: Star Rail characters like Sushang and Jing Yuan or other characters too? You can click this link here
Honkai Star Rail Luocha Best Build
Even though we don’t know much about Luocha’s backstory yet, one thing we know for sure is how to build Luocha to become your most reliable healer on any team. Luocha is a playable 5-star imaginary character in Honkai: Star Rail, with the Abundance path. The Abundance path basically means that the character’s role is a healer.
Luocha is a single target healer, not like Natasha where her ultimate will heal your entire team. But that doesn’t mean Luocha’s heal rate is useless. If you invest a lot of Attack – since Luocha’s heal rate scales from his attack attribute – then he can heal your character abundantly. His role is more of a support-healer since his ultimate can also strip the enemy’s buff. More reason to invest a lot of Attack for Luocha because his ultimate also scales from his attack attribute, thus you can also potentially deal a good amount of damage to the enemies.
Unlike Natasha, where you need to press her ultimate or wait for her turn to heal your party, Luocha’s heal can activate automatically when your character’s HP falls below 50%. This will be very useful for a character that revolves around draining HP mechanics like Blade or Arlan, especially for Arlan because he doesn’t have the healing kit in his own skill.
For the team comp build, you can basically pair Luocha with any kind of characters that you like, from HP depleting DPS characters like Blade, to heavy single target DPS characters like Seele, Dan Heng, or Sushang, or even AoE DPS like Himeko, or any other characters, it’s totally fine because Luocha fits really well with any kind of team composition.
Honkai Star Rail Luocha Best Light Cone
Echoes of the Coffin
- Rarity: 5-Star (The Abundance Path)
- Effect: Increases ATK of the wearer by 20%. After the wearer using Ultimate, all allies gain 16 Speed for 1 turn. Additionally, for each different target the wearer attacks, recovers 5 Energy. Each attack can recover Energy a maximum of 3 time(s).
Echoes of the Coffin is Luocha’s signature Light cone. Since Luocha’s skill and ultimate scales on Attack, this light cone’s effect that gives a 20% ATK increase will give a huge boost to Luocha. With Speed buff and additional energy restoration, this fits Luocha’s role as a supporter, too, because you want to use his ultimate frequently to strip the enemy’s buff.
But sadly, this amazing light cone is a 5-Star rarity, making it harder to obtain this light cone. But no need to worry because you can use this 3-Star light cone as your temporary placeholder until one day you can get Echoes of the Coffin.
- Rarity: 3 Star (The Abundance Path)
- Effect: Increases Outgoing Healing of its wearer by 16%
Cornucopia is another light cone that you can equip for Luocha. Despite there being no ATK increase, if you can superimpose this lightcone into S5, the healing effect will increase up to 32%, making Luocha’s healing rate even higher. The good news is, this light cone is a 3 star, so your chance to superimpose it to max will be relatively higher and more doable compared to getting echoes of the coffin.
Honkai Star Rail Luocha Best Relics
You should drink a cup of water every time you read the word Attack. But Luocha really shines with a high Attack or high healing rate. And right now, there is only 1 relic set with a healing rate bonus and 2 relics set with an ATK% increase.
There are 2 options that you can choose for Luocha’s best relics build. Either go with a 10% healing rate bonus or up to a 50% ATK increase for more damage outcome too.
The best relics build for Honkai: Star Rail Luocha is:
- 4 Piece Passerby of Wandering Cloud with 2 Piece +15% ATK relics.
This set bonus will give you 10% healing rate bonus
- 4 Piece Musketeer of Wild Wheat with 2 Piece +15% ATK relics like Hunter of Glacial Forest.
This set bonus will give you up to 50% ATK increase (15% + 15% + 20%) and 10 SPD buff.
Passerby of Wandering Cloud
- 2 Piece: Increases HP by 15%.
- 4 Piece: Increases the wearer’s Outgoing Healing by 10%. Restores 1 Skill Point for allies immediately after entering combat.
- 5 Piece: Increases HP by 15%.
Musketeer of Wild Wheat
- 2 Piece: Increases ATK by 15%.
- 4 Piece: When the wearer uses Basic ATK, increases the wearer’s ATK by 20% and SPD by 10 for 1 turn.
- 5 Piece: Increases ATK by 15%.
Honkai Star Rail Luocha Best Main Stats
For the main stats, here are the recommended relics build for Luocha:
- Feet: ATK
- Neck: ATK
- Article: Outgoing Healing Boost / ATK
Despite Luocha being an Imaginary character, we don’t need to invest him in a big imaginary damage. It’s better to invest him in high ATK for the healing rate. Attack will increase his ultimate damage anyway.
Honkai Star Rail Luocha Best Sub-Stats
Here are the sub stats that you should aim for:
- Energy Restoration
You can invest in Crit Rate if you want, but Luocha’s role shines more as a healer than a Sub DPS character. So if you have good Crit Rate relics, you can prioritize that for your Sub DPS or main DPS first
Honkai Star Rail Luocha Skills
Normal Attack: “Thorns of the Abyss”
- Deals 50% of Luocha’s ATK as Imaginary DMG to a target enemy.
Skill: “Prayer of Abyss Flower”
- After using his Skill, the target ally’s HP will immediately be restored by 48% of Luocha’s ATK plus 160. Meanwhile, Luocha gains 1 stack of Abyss Flower. When the HP of the target ally is 50% or lower, Luocha will immediately use his Skill 1 time on them (without consuming Skill Points). This effect can be triggered again when the conditions are met after Luocha takes action 2 more time(s).
Ultimate: “Death Wish”
- Deals 80% of Luocha’s ATK as Imaginary DMG to all enemies and dispels 1 enemy buff(s). For every enemy buff dispelled. Luocha gains 1 stack of Abyss Flower.
Talent: “Cycle of Life”
- When Abyss Flower is stacked 3 time(s), Luocha consumes all stacks to deploy a Field against the enemy. When an enemy unit in the Field is attacked by an ally, the ally immediately restores HP equal to 10.8% of Luocha’s ATK plus 36. The Field effect lasts 2 turn(s).
Technique: “Mercy of a Fool”
- After using his Technique. Luocha immediately heals an ally with the lowest HP by 50% of Luocha’s Max HP.
Honkai Star Rail Luocha Eidolon
E1: “Pure Bestowal”
- When using his Skill. if the target ally’s HP is lower than 50%. Luocha’s Outgoing Healing is increased by 30%. If the target ally’s HP is 50% or higher. Luocha creates a Shield for them that can withstand DMG equal to 15% of their Max HP for 1 turn(s).
E2: “Baptism of the Living”
- After using his Skill, if the target ally’s HP is fully restored. Luocha regenerates an additional 10 Energy.
E3: “A Fool’s Attempt”
- Ultimate Lv. +3, up to a maximum of Lv. 15. Basic ATK Lv. +1, up to a maximum of Lv. 10.
E4: “Judgment From Crown of Thorns”
- When Field is active, enemies become Weakened, dealing 30% reduced DMG.
E5: “Mark of Sacrifice”
- Skill Lv. +3, up to a maximum of Lv. 15. Basic ATK Lv. +1, up to a maximum of Lv. 10.
E6: “Dust to Dust”
- When using Ultimate. deals 100% of his ATK as additional Imaginary DMG to enemy targets with buffs.
Luocha’s Recommended Eidolon
Compared to some 5 stars characters that can shine with E0 already, for Luocha we really recommend you to aim for E1 because it will be a game changer for your gameplay. An additional 30% outgoing healing rate is a big number, especially for mid to end game progression. The additional shield for characters above 50% HP is also very useful, making your team harder to die this time.
For E2, it’s not really mandatory because Luocha’s role usually focuses on the character below 50% HP. So it’s a rare occasion that Luocha will make 100% HP to someone from his own healing.
E4 will give Luocha a new support role, weakening the enemies’ attack damage. We could also recommend you to go up to E4, but this won’t give a significant result if you have a defend boost character like Gepard or March 7th, or already have a weakened debuff character like Pela.
E6 basically increases Luocha’s ultimate damage, but it’s not mandatory if you don’t build Luocha as Sub DPS.
So, in summary, Luocha only needs Eidolon 1 to utilize his potential fully. You can still go up to E4 or E6 if you really love him or if you want to whale in Honkai: Star Rail.
After reading the best build guide for Luocha, we hope that you now understand about how to use Luocha and how to invest in the correct build for Luocha. To simplify everything, you only need a high Attack for Luocha and some outgoing healing bonus to increase his healing rate outcome, whether it comes from the light cones or from the relics set effect. Since he is a healer support, you can basically pair him with any character and it will definitely work because Luocha will make sure that your team will not die.
Visit the official HSR website here for more information about the game!